Thursday, July 2, 2009

Macros

For the sake of simplicity I will refer to any close-up photography on this blog as a macro and not get into the difference between close-up and actual macros. I don't think the average amateur photographer needs to know the ratio differentials between the two.



Shutter Speed: 1/500 seconds
Aperture: f/4.5
ISO: 320
Focal Length: 33 mm
Flash: None
Return: None
Metering: Patterned





Shutter Speed: 1/200 seconds
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 53 mm
Flash: None
Return: None
Metering: Patterned



It was a rainy day so I didn't get the chance to shoot much. I did want to experiment with my new +10 macro lens. The first photo is taken with the camera on the macro setting without the lens. The second photo is with the lens. It was fairly windy and I discovered that while using the lens the subject matter needs to be not moving or I got blur. I don't know how much use I will get out of using the lens by itself unless I plan on splitting an atom and I can't find my neutron microscope.

I had mistakenly thought this lens would come in handy for taking close ups of my flowers. However, I discovered today that to get the shot in focus I had to be really close to the subject matter. We are talking lens-dang-near-touching-the-flower close.

I'll keep experimenting.

~ame

No comments: